THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pot Luck #57: TXT U L8R - Texting

This module is about text messaging, something that I only started to do in 2007 and has become a normal part of my life. I went from 50 messages to 10,000 messages in one month!

On a slow month, I only go through 500 messages, and that is with me limiting the daily amount of texting that I am usually engaged.

During Hurricane Ike, I also was amongst the many that used text messages to find out the status of my friends and whether they were in need during such a difficult time. But in all of my time using text messages, I don't really rely on text lingo. In the beginning, I used to have to spell out every single word that I would text. But now, I have mastered the messaging ability to use the phone's T9 messaging ability. But even with that, I don't really abbreviate words or use the lingo associated with text messages other than for the phrase "lol".

I glanced over the website Lingo 2 Word and must say that I found it quite interesting.

"hu knw dat msgN wz so mch fun"
(Who knew that messaging was so much fun)


I also agree that texting while driving is quite dangerous. I hardly ever do it, and when I do, it is only a short message. But even when I am not driving and if I realize that one of the people I am texting is driving, I will stop only to continue after they make their way safely to their destination.

0 comments: