THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

1. Using Hulu, The Auteurs, and IMDB, I searched for a free full-length movie. All three websites offered different choices, and I have watched full-length episodes from them all at one point or another. (This was not my first introduction to the websites)

Even though I prefer to watch DVDs on my television, there are certain things that are more accessible through the internet. I choose my television set any day of the week, but every now and then I will sit in front of my computer and enjoy a movie.

2. I like to be informed on movies and I often find myself looking online for the latest news concerning an upcoming film of interest to me. Even though these websites are informative, they are very general. Because I am sort of a geek I tend to keep my eye on any movie that deals closely with superheroes or books that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading on my time off. One website that I recommend for anyone that shares the same interests is iwatchstuff.com

3. I am currently a customer of Blockbuster online. I get my movies delivered at home without having to face the dilemma of late fees. I pay a monthly charge of $15 and can have two movies out at any time, with no limit on the amount of movies I take out per month. I used to have Netflix and I enjoyed their service. Afterwards I stopped my membership, and it wasn't until recently that I started with Blockbuster. What really attracted me to it was that I used to receive emails giving me free rentals from their stores, as well as special in-store promotions. As attractive as Netflix is, the lack of a physical store became an issue when I wanted a particular movie right away. Of course another option would be the library's collection of movies, but the problem is that not all the patrons are responsible with the DVDs and there has been more than one occasion in which I have checked out a movie only to find out it was damaged beyond repair. And if the movie is brand new, the waiting list is a lot longer than the list of admissions at a private school. So, for the time being, I am willing to sacrifice less than $20 a month for movies that I want to watch at home.


Picture credit: http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/BlockbusterOnline-oldlogo.png/180px-BlockbusterOnline-oldlogo.png

0 comments: