THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Future of Media #79: Television

After visiting Hulu, tv.com, Joost, viewmy.tv, CastTV, and then looking for Smallville episodes, I got different results from all the sites.

Hulu offers very few episodes in their entirety, but the amount offered is not enough to really satisfy my curiosity if I wanted to watch a whole season. They offer a link that takes you to the CW website where more episodes are offered to watch. A small consolation to this search.

Next one on the list is tv.com. This one didn't even offer one single complete episode, just short clips from different episodes no longer than 3 minutes. This website does offer many other shows, none of them limited to small sample clips. But it does seem that shows from certain networks don't make the cut. Too bad.

Joost didn't even recognize the name of the show. There are a few animated series and a few nature videos, but I didn't really see much as far as tv shows. They don't seem to have as much content as the previous two websites do.

Viewmy.tv didn't offer me more than a link to the CW website. This website also didn't have anything to offer me as far as this particular show is concerned, but they at least offered me more than Joost did. This website centers their videos mostly on news from around the world, so is not something that will come in handy when looking for a particular tv sitcom.

The last website, CastTV did have a nice list of the episodes from the show, but you have to pay for them. The price for the shows is not bad, only about $2 per episode. The shows are either through Amazon.com or the iTunes store. There are very few episodes that are free, but it is not a common trend.

I have never watched a TV show on my cell phone. It just doesn't draw my attention. If I want to watch something from tv, I either log online using my computer or from my cable provider. The screen on a phone, regardless of how big the phone is, does not compare to watching it from a computer or from the television.

There are also a lot of streaming programs out there that may interest me, but I don't really have time to keep up with them. If I had more time, I might actually subscribe to a few of them that either dealt with video game reviews or other subjects that dealt with technology or with religion, but as for right now I am not subscribed to anything. I do have a youtube account and I have a few videos posted, but it is not done on a regular basis. Most of my videos either deal with events that have taken place with my church, or as part of wrestling skits from my high school days (I am not in the skits, but my brother-from-another-mother).

0 comments: